STEVENAGE FOOTBALL CLUB SUPPORTERS ASSOCIATION
1. The Association shall be called “The Stevenage Football Club Supporters Association”.
2. The headquarters shall be the Lamex Stadium, Broadhall Way, Stevenage, Herts SG2 8RH.
3. All correspondence shall be sent to an address nominated by the Secretary of the Association and advised to the General Committee.
4. The Association, its Members and Guests shall be jointly and severally governed in accordance with the Rules, the Regulations and Bye-laws as set out by both the Football Association, and the Stevenage Football Club. Any Member who contravenes these rules, in particular with regard to behaviour, will be automatically suspended from the Association pending a hearing by the General Committee, who will decide on an appropriate course of action. The decision of the General Committee on disciplinary grounds will be binding on all members.
5. The aims and objectives of the association shall be:
a. To provide activities and benefits to the Supporters of Stevenage Football Club, and to build lasting links between the Club and its’ Supporters.
b. To provide resources and expertise to the Football Club, which enables the Club to meet its objectives.
6. The Association shall not be conducted for profit. The Association shall purchase shares in the Football Club on behalf of its’ members, by using surplus funds raised through members subscriptions, less normal administration expenses. Details of shares purchased on behalf of the Association will be notified to Members at the Association’s AGM. Any other funds, raised by the Association may be passed to the Football Club, at the discretion of the Committee by way of donations.
7. The Association’s financial year shall end on 31st May of each year, and the accounts will be subject to audit, if required, by the Football Club Auditors.
8. The Annual General Meeting of the Association shall be held no later than 31st July each year, and will include reports from the Chairman and Secretary, together with Audited Accounts, and the election of Executive Committee Members and Officers where appropriate.
9. Notices of the Annual General Meeting shall be placed on Notice Boards at the Lamex Stadium, and notified to members by post, not less than 14 days prior to the meeting. Copies of the Agenda and Audited Accounts shall be available at the meeting, and to any Member of the Association on request to the Secretary.
10. The affairs of the Association shall be managed by the elected Executive Committee (appointed in accordance with Rule 12 of the constitution) who will report to the General Committee on a regular basis.
11. Standing Orders shall be formulated by the Executive Committee and will be binding on all Members.
12. The Executive Committee may at its discretion invite a member to be the Association’s Honorary President.
13. The Executive Committee shall comprise three elected officers, namely Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer.
14. The General Committee will consist of the Executive Committee and up to nine other Officers, who will be elected serve on Working Committees. The General Committee is empowered to co-opt additional Members and set up working Sub-Committees as and when necessary.
15. All nominations for Officers and Members to serve on the General Committee must be made in writing to the Secretary by a Proposer and Seconder, and with the nominee’s written acceptance, at least 10 days prior to the annual General Meeting. The Proposer, Seconder and Nominee must all be members of the Association. Where the number of nominations exceed the number of vacancies, a ballot will be conducted by the Secretary at the AGM Where the number of nominations are equal or less than the number of vacancies, the Nominees will be put to the meeting for ratification. All fully paid up Members are eligible for nomination.
16. The Officers and Committee Members shall remain in office until such time as their successors have been elected The General Committee have the power to accept resignations and fill vacancies that occur during the year. Any Officer of the General Committee who fails to attend three consecutive meetings without reasonable reason, shall be deemed to have resigned from the Committee.
17. Members on the Executive and General Committee will be subject to re-election after serving for a period of two years. Up to a maximum of 50% of the Committee will be elected at each AGM. The maximum term of office without re-election to the Executive or General the Committee will be two years.
18. Retiring Officers and Members of the General Committee shall return all properties belonging to the Association within seven days of retirement.
19. Membership of the Association shall be open to all persons who have completed an application form, including a signed undertaking to abide by the rules of the Association, and paid the appropriate annual subscription. All applications for membership are subject to approval by the Executive Committee. The cost of membership shall be agreed at the Annual General Meeting.
20. There will be seven levels of membership subscriptions as follows:- Adult, Senior Citizen (over 60), Family, Youth (Under 18) Full-time Students, Junior (Under 16) and Associate with no voting rights. Members who are unemployed, or claiming disability allowance, are required to pay the Concession subscription. Family membership applies when two adults paying the full subscription, can register their children, who are under the age of 18, to become members. The Executive Committee have the discretion to vary the subscription rates depending on the date of joining.
21. On receipt of a written request from the General Committee or from at least twenty Members, the Secretary shall convene an Extraordinary Meeting. The request must indicate the business to be dealt with at the meeting. Notification of the date of the meeting will be displayed at the Club, and circulated to all members at least fourteen days prior to the Meeting.
22. Each Member of the association shall be entitled to a single vote on each issue at an Extraordinary Meeting or Annual General Meeting. A minimum of 50 paid up members must be in attendance at a meeting, in order for voting to take place.
23. Each Member shall be allowed to nominate another paid up Member to vote in his/her absence, provided that he/she notifies the Secretary in writing of his/her proxy, at least five days prior to the meeting.
24. Proposed changes to the Constitution will only be made at Annual General or Extraordinary Meetings, and must be notified in writing to the Secretary at least ten days prior to the Meeting. Any changes proposed by the Executive or General Committee must be notified in writing to members.